CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happily Ever After, a History; Part 5: A Birthday Surprise

The morning of June 2nd, 2007 dawned bright and fair. At least it probably did, Allison didn't know anyone who would wake up early enough to know for sure. When she awoke that morning, she realized with a thrill that her days of being a teenager were officially over. Allison Leigh Butterfield was 20-years-old and excited to finally feel a little more grown up.
She and Corey had been discussing wedding plans for quite a few months. They had a date, dress, and ring picked out, but they were not officially engaged. Corey sadly told her it would be about a month until her ring would be ready. Allison was sad about this because she wanted to be officially engaged, but she wasn't going to let it bother her on her birthday.
The first thing the couple did that day was register for wedding gifts at Target. That was incredibly fun! It's like shopping without having to pay money. The couple would highly recommend it to anyone. After that, they went and saw the third Pirates of the Carribean movie. After the movie, they drove back to Allie's apartment. Corey told her he was going to wear a suit and tie to dinner, so she should dress up too. Allie was thrilled to do so. She wore her favorite blue dress.
Corey had borrowed his step-dad's Mercedes for the weekend, so the two set off for dinner in style. Corey pulled up to a little Italian restaurant on Center Street called Ottavio's. The restaurant was fantastic! The food was superb and there was a man playing the accordion. It was very romantic.
After dinner, Corey started driving without asking Allison what she wanted to do next. This was unusual behavior for him. He started to play one of their favorite songs.
Find me here
Speak to me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in?
Take me deeper now?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Cause you're all I want,
You're all I need
You're everything,everything
You're all I want you're all I need
You're everything, everything.
You're all I want you're all I need.
You're everything, everything
You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything.
And How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Allison was so touched that she was on the verge of tears already. She couldn't help but marvel at the fact that she was lucky enough to be loved ny someone so fantastic. As the song played, Corey drove north. Right as the song ended, they found themselves in front of the Provo Temple. Allison kept wishing that he could propose that night, but she wouldn't get her hopes up. After all, it wasn't his fault the ring wasn't ready. At first the two walked around the temple grounds. Then Corey suggested that they go to the car and get a blanket to sit on. They went and sat on the hill behind the temple and looked up at the stars.
Corey started to say the most wonderful things. He said that he'd never imagined that someone would ever make him as happy as Allison had. He said that he'd been looking forward to finding the person who wanted to be with him forever for a long time and he was so excited that he'd found her. Then he said, "I wrote you a birthday poem." Allison was so excited! Corey began whispering,
Allie dear, Allie dear
Don't you know I want you near?
You are my rhyme and reason
To leave you would be treason
You are my one and only
With me you'll never be lonely
I need you, I want you to have and to hold
You're better than gold
You make me so happy and you know you make me crazy
I know you are so beautiful, can't wait to go to Bountiful
I know with whom I want to be, so Allison, will you marry me?
As he said the last line, he pulled a ring box out of his pocket with Allison's dream ring inside. Allison immediately said, "yes yes, yes!" and started to cry, laugh, kiss, and hug simultaneously. It was a perfect night.

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW